Requirements For A UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa
You qualify to apply for a UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa if you are living outside the UK, the EEA or Switzerland, you want to come to the UK to set up or run a business and you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have access to a minimum of £50,000 to invest in the UK. These funds must be:
- Held in a regulated financial institution or institutions
- Available to spend on your business in the UK (ie not tied up in any other investment)
- You are 16 years of age or older
- You have sufficient funds to be able to support yourself whilst you’re in the UK without recourse to public funds
- You score 95 points – you can check your points score here. You can also find out more about the points-based system
- You meet the English language requirement
- You meet the additional eligibility requirements depending on the amount you have to invest. See below for links to more information about these.
UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa – Additional Eligibility Requirements
There are additional eligibility requirements depending on whether you have £50,000 or £200,000 available to invest. These are rather complex and may be subject to change so we’ve provided the links to the information on the UK Government website for you. Alternatively you can contact us and we can go through these with you.
- More information about the eligibility requirements if you have £50,000 to invest.
- More information about the eligibility requirements if you have £200,000 to invest.
If you are successful in applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa you will be granted permission to stay for 3 years and 4 months. At the end of this time you may be able to apply to extend your stay by a further 2 years subject to meeting certain criteria.
Applying For A UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa From Within The UK
You can only apply to extend your Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa OR switch from another eligible visa if you’re in the UK.
UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa – Where To Find More Information
If you are successful in applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa you will be eligible to stay in the UK for up to 3 years and 4 months.
UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa - Extending Your Stay
Because some of the criteria for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa is rather complex and involved we’ve supplied a complete list of links to the relevant information on the UK Government website to assist you.
- Knowledge of English
- Access to £50,000 investment funds
- Access to £200,000 investment funds
- Documents you must provide
- Extend your visa
- Switch to this visa
- Family members
You should also read the guidance.
You can also contact us for more information and for advice about the UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa application process.