Help With Your UK Immigration Tribunal Appeal Process
We strongly recommend you contact an immigration lawyer or immigration specialist if you are considering lodging a UK Immigration Tribunal Appeal. This will ensure you have the best possible chance of getting a favourable decision and that your application is complete and submitted in accordance with UK Immigration laws. We can help by:
- Providing you with a UK based contact with which to liase
- Going through your appeal application with you and providing you with a detailed review of the strengths and weaknesses of your application.
- Compiling the supporting documents you need to submit; it’s vital you supplied everything required to ensure you have the best possible chance of a successful appeal.
Once we’ve sorted out all the documents and paperwork you need to provide we can also
- professionally prepare, complete and lodge your application for you. That way you’ll know it’s been done professionally, completely and complies with UK immigration laws. This will give you the best possible chance of succeeding in your appeal.
- provide you with 24/7 access to an online case management system that will allow you to keep track of your appeal progress.
UK Immigration Tribunal Appeal – Applying For A Hearing
When you lodge your appeal form you can request that a decision be made either
- Just on the information in your appeal form and any documents supplied to the tribunal or
- At a hearing that your representatives can attend
The tribunal can still decide to have a hearing even if you don’t request one. You will be informed should this be the case. If the tribunal doesn’t hold a hearing, a judge will decide your case based on your appeal form and documents.
Hearings are public but you can request a private hearing or to attend by video link if you have a good reason such as attending a public hearing would put you in danger. You can also request a male or female judge if you think it appropriate but the tribunal will ultimately decide if they can oblige your request.
You’ll get a letter with details of where to go for your hearing if you’re granted one.
The hearing process can be complicated. Therefore we recommend you contact an immigration lawyer or immigration specialist for more information and for qualified assistance or you can read up about it here.
UK Immigration Tribunal Appeal - Processing Time
You will generally receive a decision either in person or by post within 28 days of the hearing.
UK Immigration Tribunal Appeal – Receiving A Decision
The tribunal will either decide to:
- allow your appeal – this doesn’t automatically mean you’ll be able to enter or stay in the country and may simply mean the Home Office has to reconsider its decision
- dismiss your appeal and uphold the Home Office’s original decision
Both you and the Home Office can lodge an appeal against the decision made by the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber).
Contact us for more information and advice about your options once you’ve received the results of your hearing or you can find more information here.
Expert, Professional And Caring UK Immigration Tribunal Appeal Assistance
Give us a call today on (+44) 0203 733 066 or contact us by email to discuss how we can help with your UK Immigration Tribunal appeal.