Marriage Visa UK
What Is A UK Marriage Visa ?
If you’re a citizen of the UK, or have been granted UK settled status, and you want to bring your partner/spouse to the UK to live with you, then you’re going to need to apply for a Marriage Visa. But before you can do that, there are a number of criteria that you and your partner need to meet.
- You both have to be 18 years of age or older.
- You both must have met before applying for the visa.
- You must either be legally married or be in a civil partnership that is recognised in the UK
- As the UK citizen or settled person, you must either be living in the UK or intend to return to the UK to live with your partner / spouse
- You and your partner / spouse must intend to live together permanently
- You and your partner / spouse must be able to financially support yourselves and any dependents ie children without help from UK public funds; to ensure this qualification is met there are now UK Marriage Visa financial requirements in place by way of a minimum income level
- You must have adequate accommodation for yourselves and any dependents. Adequate accommodation is defined as a property that is either owned or rented by yourself and your partner / spouse without assistance from UK public funds and is exclusively occupied by yourself and your partner / spouse
- Your partner / spouse must be proficient in the English language to the A1 CEFR standard
If you and your partner / spouse meet all these UK Marriage Visa requirements, you can go ahead and formally lodge an application for a Marriage Visa by completing a UK Marriage Visa application form.
Once your UK Marriage Visa application has been approved, and we have every confidence that it will be if you’ve met all the requirements, your partner / spouse will be granted a 30 month or 2 ½ year leave to live in the UK.
At the end of those 30 months all going well, s/he can apply for a second 30-month leave to stay. Then finally after 5 years, s/he will be able to apply for settlement or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK.
Help With Your UK Marriage Visa Application Process
Unfortunately many people have found that trying to complete a Marriage Visa application on their own is a real challenge. The UK government website is also not the easiest of sites to try and navigate your way around to find information and this is where we come in….
Our job is to provide you with
- All the relevant information you need to know when applying for a Marriage Visa.
- We can also go through your application with you and provide you with a detailed review of the strengths and weaknesses of your application.
- Help in compiling all the supporting documents you need to submit – we’ll ensure you’ve supplied it all because if anything is missing or if the Entry Clearance Officer handling the application is not happy that all of the requirements of the Immigration Rule have been met, your application will in all likelihood be refused.
Once we’ve sorted out all the documents and paperwork you need to provide as part of the UK Marriage Visa application process, we can also
- Professionally prepare, complete and lodge your visa application for you. That way you’ll know it’s been done professionally, completely and complies with UK immigration laws. Giving you the best possible chance of succeeding in your application to have your loved one/s join you here at home in the UK.
- Provide you with 24/7 access to an online case management system that will allow you to keep track of your visa application progress.